Have questions? Below there are a collection of the most frequently asked questions, related to Foley's.
Please use the discussion or suggestions section of our info panel to let us know any other questions you would like to see answered:
- What sort of parties can you host?
- We can host eating and drinking parties. We generally don’t reserve the Oscar Wilde room on Fridays and Saturdays for drinking only parties as this space is generally needed for dinner service.
- Do you have private parking?
- There is no private parking available, but there is a large, secure underground car park at the Kouter just a few minutes walk from the pub.
- Are your facilities wheelchair friendly?
- You can read more about this on our facilities page, under accessibility, but we have made a commitment to ensuring our building is as wheelchair friendly as is practical.
- Is Foleys a child friendly bar / restaurant?
- We welcome well behaved children who are kept under supervision at all times. bear in mind that many people come to the pub to escape the sound of screaming children for a few hours.
- How early do I have to reserve for a party / table?
- We will always do our best to find space for you in the restaurant and it is usually no problem, but it’s generally a good idea to reserve a day in advance on a Friday and Saturday. If you have a very large booking it helps to give us a few days notice, as this allows us to make extra staff provisions, to ensure a speedy service for your group.
- Do you show football?
- We show all the big football matches, particularly the premier league games. As a pub with a passion for Rugby, we also screen the 6 nations, and southern Hemisphere rugby union games. With a number of large High Definition Screens throughout the premises, we provide a comfortable and atmospheric environment to watch the big games.
- Do you cater to specific dietary requirements (vegetarian / vegan / gluten free / nut allergy etc.)?
- We already offer a range of vegetarian and vegan dishes. For any special dietary requirements, we encourage you to call us before arrival, so that we can let you know what's possible.
- Can we turn up most evenings and expect to be seated?
- We welcome you to turn up at the door and we will do everything we can to seat you, but be aware that the restaurant can be very busy on a Friday and Saturday, so we cannot always guarantee you will get a table straight away.
- Any more details on quiz night?
- The quiz night is every Monday, starting at 8pm. teams of 4 maximum. We don’t take reservations for the quiz, but we recommend you turn up in plenty of time to avoid disappointment, as some night we have lots of teams.
- I’d like to work at Foleys, how do I go about this?
- If you are looking to join our team please feel free to drop by with a CV, or alternatively email one with a short introduction to yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can you host private meetings?
- We have various spaces in the pub for private meeting, but they must be reserved and confirmed in advance, and are unavailable on certain nights.
- When do you serve the Irish Breakfast?
- We serve our traditional Irish breakfast, as well as a full breakfast menu on Saturdays and Sundays between 9am and 11am. Woke up late and still crave a fry up? No problem, we also serve a full Irish Brunch until 3pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Are You Student Friendly?
- Very much so! Indeed we have a special Foleys Student card which entitles the holder to beers for just €1,50, and our Classic burgers for just €10. This represents fantastic value, and is by far the best price for a beer in the city centre.
Any Erasmus students with an ESN Network photo card can now also get these discounts without having to get our card.
- What are your opening hours?
- We serve food all day during the weekend, but between Monday to Friday our restaurant is open during the following times:
Breakfast: 7:00 - 11:00
Lunch: 12:00 - 15:00
Dinner: 18:00 - 22:30
The bar closes at 3AM Friday and Saturday, 1am the rest of the week.
- Can I pay with credit / bank cards?
- We accept all major bank and credit cards.
- Can I speak to the bar staff in Dutch or English?
- Foleys is predominantly an English language pub (in for a penny, in for a pound), and it is the primary language of most of our staff. However, we do have Dutch speakers on the team, and should the need arise, it is rare that a native speaker cannot be found to serve your table for the duration.